Sia Kate Isobelle Furler


Sia Kate Isobelle Furler


Hello everybody!
I am back with a new article and also a first one in a New Year 2018 (wish you the best to 2018). Today I will introduce you one of my favorite singers. I am sure you know her but maybe something will surprise you. 

Enjoy reading!


Sia is 42 year old Austrailian singer and text writer born on 18th December 1975 in Adelaide, Australia.
These times she is very successful. She works with young and really talented dancer Maddie Ziegler (15yo). Maddie has appeared in several music videos: Chandelier, Cheap Thrills, The Greatest, Elastic Heart and so on.

Sia

Life

Life was not always so kind and nice to her.

 On 1997 she moved to London to live there with her love Dan Pontifex. But during one of her flights back to Adelaide fot her stuffs she got an unpleasant call. Dan Pontifex…her love had an accident in a car and he did not survive.

After this she decided to stay in Australia till Dan’s former roommate called her and offered her an oportunity to go back to Britain and live there with him.

Those days she was still depressed and sad. It was really hard for her. She used to use many painkillers, pills for depresion and sleeping pills too. Sia also became an alcoholic and was thinking about commiting a suicide. This bad part of her life lasted almost six years.

Everything changed to better on 2007 when she decided to do music again.

One time everybody were talking about her sexuality because Sia was dating with Jocelyn JD Samson. On 2011 this relationship ended. Even though Sia was announced as one of the most powerful Australian homosexual.



„Before I was actually successful I'd always said I've always dated boys and girls and anything in between. I don't care what gender you are, it's about people. I didn't just recently open up, I just recently got famous! I've always been... well, flexible is the word I would use.“



On 2010 Sia was diagnosed with Graves‘ disease which affects thyroid gland. She canceled all of her concert and started with treatment.

Everything became better and Sia got engaged and married with Erik Anders Lang.


 Do you know that….

she is vegan and most of you know that she is hiding her face during performances. Sometimes she sings turned back to audience. BUT WHY? She wants to have her own privacy. She decided that she will be hiding her face with wigs or big hats and be more unknown. Even in her videoclips you will not see her face much. Instead of her, Maddie Ziegler appears in her videos.

Maddie Ziegler in Sia's videoclip

Sia hiding her face

Singer and song writer career

 Sia is famous especially for her songs TitaniumShe Wolf (she made this song with David Guetta) , Chandelier (which has more than 1,4 billion views on YouTube) etc.
She also wrote many famous songs like Diamonds (Rihanna) and other songs for Maroon 5, One Direction or Britney Spears and so on.

Discography

  • ·         OnlySee (1997)
  • ·         Healing Is Difficult (2001)
  • ·         Colour the Small One (2004)
  • ·         Some People Have Real Problems (2007)
  • ·         We Are Born (2010)
  • ·         1000 Forms of Fear (2014)
  • ·         This is Acting (2016)
  • ·         Everyday Is Christmas (2017)

 Her music and especialy her original voice is like drug for me. My emotions are always like on rollercoaster when I listen her music. It makes me cry, happy, stronger.... I can listen her songs in every mood. I think she is really special and strong woman....that's also the reason why I like her that much.



If you want to know more about this ispirating woman lets visit this website:
http://www.siamusic.net/




Hope you enjoyed reading  and see you next time!
Veronika






vocabulary:
rollercoaster - horská dráha

sources:
https://refresher.cz/48849-Nekdo-chtel-zneuzit-a-zpenezit-nahou-fotku-na-ktere-je-Sia-Zpevacka-vyderace-predbehla-a-zverejnila-ji-sama
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sia_(musician)

Komentáře

  1. Hi, I have learned new things about Sia from your post! She has very interesting life and I didn't know she is a vegan! And you're absolutely right, her voice is really special.
    Eva ♡

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Thank you. I love her song Titanium ( it is David Ghetta's maybe too, a cooperation). She is so talented. I did not know she used to be an alcoholic.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Hello,
    I like Sia's songs too. They have got so many emotions and I can feel every single one of them. But despite the fact I listen to her songs as you do, I didn't known much about her personal life. It was very moving I must say. She went through many bad things in her life that I don't wish to anyone to experience. After reading this article, Sia became very strong and independent woman to me.

    OdpovědětVymazat

Okomentovat

Populární příspěvky z tohoto blogu

Milie Bobby Brown as Eleven in 'Stranger Things'

Beauties of Lake District

VEGANISM